7 Expensive Cars Owned By African Footballers
The right cars for the right stars
Football over the years has developed into a game of speed, technicality and skill. Players train to run fast in other to keep up with the pace of teammates, opponents or simply to improve on their speed. Off the pitch when they aren’t running they are still moving fast but this time in fast expensive cars. If you think European players buy the most expensive cars prepare to be amazed by these African players.
Here is a list of some player and their cars
- 1. Mikel Obi(Nigeria): Bentley Continental GT
Nigeria’s captain and Chelsea Football Club Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, makes an annual salary of about $6 million (N1.14bn) excluding revenues from endorsements and commercials. Judging by his fleet of cars it is obvious the Chelsea midfielder loves cars. Despite his fleet of exotic cars such as Range Rover, Mercedes Benz e-class and many more, he decided to go for a Bentley Continental GT with an estimated cost of over N40 million.
- Emmanuel Adebayor (Togo): Aston Martin DBS V12
Togo and Tottenham Hotspur forward Emmanuel Adebayor is definitely one of the richest footballers in the world owning more cars than he needs. The former Arsenal striker owns an Aston Martin DBS V12 talk about riding in Bond style.
- Obafemi Martins(Nigeria): Mercedes SLR McLarenObagoal as he is popularly called plays for Seattle Sounders FC, the former Inter hit man is one of the richest Nigerian sportsman. He acquired a brand new Mercedes Benz Slr Mclaren worth 120 Million Naira a car fit for an Oba
- El Hadj Djouf (Senegal): Mercedes SLR McLaren
Two time African footballer of the year El Hadj Diouf is one of the most controversial African footballers. The player owns a luxurious beautiful white coloured Mercedes McLaren SLR which is worth over N120 Million.
- Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast): Mercedes SL65
Chelsea hitman Didier Drogba has in his garage a fleet of expensive cars and the most expensive of his collection is Mercedes SL65-AMG which cost N45 Million
- Sulley Muntari (Ghana): Lamborghini Gallardo
Muntari is a central midfielder who plays for Ghana and Inter Milan. He drives a luxurious Lamborghini Gallardo which coast about N40 million.
- Samuel Eto’o (Cameroon): Bugatti Veyron
Samuel Eto’o who is arguably the most Successful African footballer earning big salaries in big clubs and let’s not forget his trophy cabinet. He has been able to build up a fleet of cars worth billions of Naira. Eto’o has always loved cars and even reportedly offered former Cameroon striker Roger Milla a porsche as a Christmas present in 2010. His N470m Bugatti Veyron is the world’s fastest car and also one of the most expensive.